Archive restoration and preservation projects up for FOCAL INTERNATIONAL Award
FINAL NOMINATIONS TO THE FOCAL INTERNATIONAL AWARDS 2017 WERE ANNOUNCED ON THE 17th MARCH 2017!
Awards Ceremony, 25th May 2017, Lancaster London Hotel – Putting Footage in the Spotlight
The FOCAL International Awards, celebrate achievement in the use of footage in all variety of genres, across all media platforms plus its restoration. Producers, filmmakers and other creative professionals who have used library footage in all variety of genre including a documentary, feature film plus any other form of production or across all media platforms over the last year have submitted their work for consideration. We also recognise the researchers, technicians and producers that access, maintain and use this precious resource with Awards on the night for best archive researcher, library and restoration work
These awards are, without doubt, the leading and most complete set of awards for the archive footage business in the world today.
There are 3 final nominations for Archive and Preservation:
1. 1912-1992: 80 years of Olympic films restored
International Olympic Committee | Switzerland
- International Olympic Committee
- Warner Bros MPI & Audio Mechanics, Burbank, under the management of Adrian Wood & Robert Jaquie
2. Cinecolor Restorations of Canadian Pacific (1949) and The Cariboo Trail (1950)
TLEFilms Film Restoration & Preservation Services | Germany
- IGNITE Films B.V.
- Torsten Kaiser, TLEFilms Film Restoration & Preservation Services
3. Zoo Quest in Colour (1950s)
BBC Natural History Unit | UK
- Tim Emblem-English and Harvey Williams, BBC Archives, BBC Design & Engineering3.