JOIN Film Archives UK today
Film Archives UK (FA UK), which was incorporated as a limited company with charity objects in 2011, brings together professionals from film and television archives in the UK that are working to deliver public benefit. It is also open for associate membership by those agencies and commercial interests that have a direct interest in the preservation, storage, cataloguing, copying, access and re-use of archive moving image and sound.
FA UK invites you to become a part of the network of archivists, industry professionals, scholars and supporters of moving image preservation and access.
Whether you are facing the challenges of archiving analogue material in the increasingly digital world, grappling with solutions for born-digital materials, or have an interest in exploring the rich potential of our screen heritage to engage users and audiences, FA UK will introduce you to the fast changing world of moving image archiving.
Membership of FA UK provides you with an opportunity to meet, exchange ideas and share information with a whole network of moving image professionals, as well as providing you with a range of benefits including:
Benefits of membership
- invitations to attend all FA UK meetings and events
- discounted registration fees at FA UK conferences, workshops and seminars
- access to all FA UK training, skills and practice programmes (discounted fees where applicable)
- exclusive access to all FA UK content on members-only area website pages
- listing in online members’ directory, with web link to your organisation
- benefit of joint publicity / promotion / advocacy initiatives
- benefit of joint funding and development initiatives
- opportunities to raise the profile of your own moving image collection or related interest through links with other members
- use of FA UK logo
As a FA UK member you can contribute to:
- development of standards and best practice across the sector
- growing new and diverse public engagement platforms for moving image heritage
- advancing the skills and training provision that are vital for the future of the sector
- evolving initiatives to accelerate the digitisation of screen heritage
FA UK Membership is open to:
- UK-based organisations with direct responsibility for a moving image collection
- Organisations that wish to engage with and support the work of FA UK and its members
- Individuals who wish to support and participate in the work of FA UK
There are four categories of FA UK membership:
For UK-based moving image archives and collections which exist for public benefit and aspire to uphold FA UK’s Statement of Principles, articulated in Moving History – Towards a Policy for the UK Moving Image Archives. Full members are entitled to vote (one member one vote) at all general meetings, and to stand for office in FA UK Executive elections.
Associate membership (organisations)
For UK-based organisations with a direct interest in engaging with and championing the work of FA UK and its members. (This is a non-voting membership.)
Associate membership (individuals)
For UK-based individuals with a direct interest in engaging with and championing the work of FA UK and its members. (This is a non-voting membership.)
For organisations, companies and individuals who wish to support the work and aims of FA UK and its members. (This is a non-voting membership.)
Membership subscription rates:
The payment year corresponds to the financial year, April – March, with subscription invoices issued in early April.
- Full membership: £300
- Associate membership (organisations): £150
- Associate membership (individual): £60
- Sponsor membership: £150
Please download and complete the membership application form and email to the FA UK Treasurer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment is made when you attend your first meeting.